Our COVID-19 Policies
As a mobile veterinary practice providing end-of-life care, Midtown Mobile Veterinary Hospice Services is considered an essential service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that we are still able to make house calls even during provincial lockdowns or stay-at-home orders. We take the health and safety of our clients and our veterinarians very seriously and have implemented the following protocols:
- All veterinarians must complete a daily COVID-19 screening and confirm they are not experiencing any symptoms
- All clients must complete a mandatory COVID-19 screening at the time of booking, with a follow-up screening via email on the day of the appointment, to answer the following questions:
- Has anyone who will be present at the appointment travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks? If so, do they meet the current government guidelines for re-entry into Canada?
- Is anyone who will be present at the appointment currently experience any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19?
- Is anyone who will be present at the appointment required to self-isolate or quarantine?
- The client must take responsibility for ensuring that everyone who will be present at the appointment passes the above screening
- Everyone in attendance, including the veterinarian, must wear a mask that will remain on for the duration of the appointment
Please note that our consultation appointments are now being done primarily via telemedicine. Our veterinarians have access to a range of technology platforms to facilitate these video calls including Zoom and FaceTime. We are also able to offer consultation appointments outdoors, weather permitting.
We remain committed to providing compassionate geriatric and end-of-life care for your loved pets, all in the comfort and privacy of your home. We are available by phone, Monday to Friday 9am-4pm and on Weekends & Holidays 9am-12pm. Please call us at 416-817-3572 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about our COVID-19 policies or would like to book an appointment. We recommend booking appointments 1-2 days in advance to ensure that one of our veterinarians will be able to help you. Our veterinarians may be available for appointments outside of these hours and/or for same day appointments, but please contact us for availability.