Our COVID-19 Policies
As a mobile veterinary practice providing end-of-life care, Midtown Mobile Veterinary Hospice Services is considered an essential service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that we are still able to offer in-home euthanasia services, even during provincial lockdowns or stay-at-home orders. We take the health and safety of our clients and our veterinarians very seriously and have implemented the following protocols:
- All veterinarians must complete a daily COVID-19 screening and confirm they are not experiencing any symptoms
- All clients must complete a mandatory COVID-19 screening at the time of booking, with a follow-up screening via email on the day of the appointment, to answer the following questions:
- Is anyone in the household (or anyone who will be in attendance at the appointment) under any requirement to self-isolate or quarantine due to travel and/or exposure to COVID-19?
- Is everyone who will be in attendance at the appointment well and symptom free?
- The client must take responsibility for ensuring that everyone who will be present at the appointment passes the above screening
- Everyone in attendance, including the veterinarian, must wear a mask that will remain on for the duration of the appointment
Please note that our consultation appointments are now being done via telemedicine. Our veterinarians have access to a range of technology platforms to facilitate these video calls including Zoom and FaceTime.
We remain committed to providing compassionate geriatric and end-of-life care for your loved pets, all in the comfort and privacy of your home. We are available by phone, Monday to Friday 8:30am-6pm and on Weekends & Holidays 9am-2pm. Please call us at 416-817-3572 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about our COVID-19 policies or would like to book an appointment. We recommend booking appointments 1-2 days in advance to ensure that one of our veterinarians will be able to help you. Our veterinarians may be available for appointments outside of these hours and/or for same day appointments, but please contact us for availability.